• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rattle from somewhere near door tweeter but not sure?

Hi,

to put this into context, I had my ICE professionally installed two years ago and everything was fine until about 6 weeks ago when my right car tweeter starts to crackle (it is comingf from the tweeter area but not 100% sure). However, it only crackles when the car is going over bumpy roads. ie if I am driving along over at 50 say (with music on) and road is not 100% even, there will be crackle, when I come to a roundabout say, and standstill, the crackle goes. (sounds like someone tapping on a can of coke)

For the avoidance of doubt, I cannot replicate issue when I am at a standstill with music on, its fine. so come to logical conclusion, only occuring when car is moving over uneven roads. When I turn the volume right down on and car is moving on said uneven roads, the crackle is still there

So question, what is causing this? I have checked around for loose wrappers/items in the car and etc and could not see anything therefore come to conclusion the noise is definitely coming from the tweeter.

Could it be a loose wire in door card giving kick back to tweeter? or is it more likley to be a faulty tweeter?

What should I do? help, rattle is annoying. Given the fact that it only makes that noise when I am moving, I cannot isoloate the issue 100%.

Look forward to hearing suggestions

I'm guessing it is a noise coming from the tweeter and not another noise within the car. i.e. it only happens with your stereo on and turned down and stops if you turn the stereo off?

Assuming it is only when the stereo is on, take your door cards out, swap the tweeters from one side to the other, and if the noise follows the tweeter it is the tweeter itself, if not you know it is the wiring.

The noise stops only when I stop. If I am driving at 50 say, the noise will come back, irrespective if the stereo is on or not, and irrespective if volume is high or mute. I took the pod off today and seems a bit of hassle to remove wiring as its under this plastic casing and I don't want to damage the set up.

But given what I said in first sentence, I am now doubting whether it is the tweeter, as happens when car is moving and hence vibrating... Any ideas, what other moving parts are there by driver door tweeter, I got a heko deflector, but I doubt this is causing it.

The plastic cover triangle above the door card can easily be pulled off, 1x clip holds it in place. 3x screws and a load of pop clips hold the door card in place. Have a play and a fiddle to see if anything is causing the vibration noise.

I have taken the plastic pod off ir plastic abve door card, but removing the tweeter seems like a bit of a nightmare, anyway, I checked the wiring by tweeter and it seems fine, hence me thinking it's got to be something else, but the noise is coming from tweeter vicinity, but hard to isolate whilst driving.

The plastic cover triangle above the door card can easily be pulled off, 1x clip holds it in place. 3x screws and a load of pop clips hold the door card in place. Have a play and a fiddle to see if anything is causing the vibration noise.

Do you reckon it cannot be tweeter itself as noise only occurs whilst moving ie vibration.

Mounted Tweeters have there own aftermarket wire loom, not oem. I would personally track the wire from the tweeter to the stereo/amp and check for splits along the way. If no joy replace wire with a new one. Cheap and inexspensive.

Yeah, but do think it could be tweeter as it is fine when car is stationery or slow moving! I have not touched the door card or wiring to amp since install, so there would no reason for wiring to be compromised?

I am very hesitant to remove door card, as I will make a pig ears of it. Afterall that's why I took it to a professional in the first place. I am hoping it's not the tweeter....

Ctr door card are no problem even for a novice. There are 'how to's within the forum to remove the door cards so have a search :)

If you can disconnect the tweeter and take the ctr for a drive you will be able to determin if the noise is from the tweeter or else where.

I don't know how else to help bud unless you take the plunge :)

Ctr door card are no problem even for a novice. There are 'how to's within the forum to remove the door cards so have a search :)

If you can disconnect the tweeter and take the ctr for a drive you will be able to determin if the noise is from the tweeter or else where.

I don't know how else to help bud unless you take the plunge :)

I know buddy, I will have to remove tweeter but I canno get to the wiing. There this plastic casing above it, I dont know how o remove the plastic casing that is abve wiring..

I know buddy, I will have to remove tweeter but I canno get to the wiing. There this plastic casing above it, I dont know how o remove the plastic casing that is abve wiring..

Can you get a pic of the casing?

I think removing the tweeter is your best bet.

How are the cables attached? If they are soldered you could get a cheap gas soldering iron from eBay and just disconnect them.

Pics of said casing.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTExMjI3LTAwMTc0LmpwZw.jpg

Can't really tell from the picture. Is that a screw in the middle? That cover has to come off to get the wires through.

There no screw in there bud. I will double check tommorow. Assuming there is no screw you reckon that plastic just prises off towards me? Seems pretty solid though. I have the persoN who installed this for meto see if he got anyideas. I am worried I will break something.

There aftermarket tweeter/casings ain't they? Rather than the attachable tweeter speakers. If its them buzzing then you'll have to replace the casing including the tweeter as the speaker is built in and would be difficult to find a precise tweeter speaker replacement.

Nah, they not aftermarket per se. They are honda oem tweteer mounts. I bough themfrom honda and installer put the alpine tweeters into this honda tweeter pod.

If the tweeters went in there will be a way to get them out!

Back