• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rattle from Suspension

I also have this problem. I think.
When you go over rough Tarmac can you hear it? Or like cobbles or something?

What suspension do you have? Also what type of rattling noise, is it metallic?

Edwin

If it's a metallic rattle then I'd check the heat shield around the exhaust. Mine was loose and used to rattle.

Also, I had a knocking coming from the front passengers suspension, which happened when I went over speed bumps or pot holes. Just changed the front drop links last weekend and this has now completely gone. I know you're saying it's more of a rattle, but just thought it might be worth mentioning

Cheers,
Davy

I have the same problem, its allways done it never found out what it was though after having it checked.

I have spare drop links so might stick them on see if it helps.

Mine was the same. Noticed it ever so slightly just after I got the car, then over time it got progressively worse. Got it looked at a couple of times and was told either nothing was wrong or it was my top mount (both on different occasions). Was doing some reading on the net and found a guy who'd been told the same and changed his top mount but it never solved his problem. He changed his drop links and the noise went away.

I just decided drop links were cheaper and I could do them myself, so I gave that a go first. Seriously the difference is unreal!

Let us know how it goes for you.

Back