• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rattle noise on start up.

ads

I notiched this today, im not sure if its just on cold start up yet as ive only notiched it when its cold. When i start the car i get a horrible rattley type noise coming from under the bonnet, it hangs around for a minute or so then goes.

I just wondered if anyone had any problems with oil pumps or such like?

cheers.

Its not the heatsheilds as ive already sorted them a few months ago, im worried it could be the chain/tensioner.

Mine does the same, but only on cold mornings when it hasn't been run for a good few hours.

First thoughts were that it was the driveshaft heatshield, but I've removed this and it made no bloody difference, lol. Weight saving FTW.

Next possibility is that it could be the exhaust manifold Heat shield, but I can't see why cold weather would affect it? If it was loose it would do it on most startups I would imagine. Its not the VTEC cover as I've put spacers on the screws and it doesn't actually touch anything now.

Bit of a mystery really...

Mine sounds alot more serious than just a heatsheild rattle to be honest, it sounds like it could be possibly be coming from the engine.

Back