• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rattling at 2500rpm ! any idears what it could be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I fitted my tegiwa induction kit it has been rattling, I have put foam underneath the scoop so it doesnt rattle against scuttle so it's not that and at the top of heat shield there is a bolt that was about 1-2mm away from touching the scoop so I've put foam in there so it's not that . The bulk head screw is very tight so wouldnt think that would be rattling ? It's really annoying me now it does it a little from standstill but it's more when I'm driving down the road ! :/ any thoughts/ help welcome cheers guys

I had same thing and just put some sticky foam on the heat shield where it touched/brushed anything.

Also I put some between the L shaped bracket and the heat shield it self.

No more rattling :D

Im pretty sûre its the induction now just went out in car and its coming from where the induction is . Maybe i should remove the heatshield

Where I bolted the heat shield on to the car left hand side the washers were rattling cause I didn't have the thing tight enough?

What I did was remove the heat shield and look for any small marks or scraps where it could be rubbing and put foam there. Think I put foam on the corner closest to the bulk head, there are two large cables(conduit) which are close the the corner (bend), between the L bracket and the shield (all the way down the bracket) and is the intake secure? I use a little bit of velcro on the back securing it to the scuttle so no movement is possible.

The drive shaft heat shield is a common problem. I took my one off mate, it's good for nothing other than the bin.

Do a search on here and you'll see loads of people that did the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back