• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

rattling at 3.5k up to 5k - i have no driveshaft heatshield so it cant be that

Hi guys.

I have no driveshaft heat shield but the buzzing/ rattling sound is happening between 3.5 -5k

Don't know what it could be. Another heat shield maybe?

the i-vtec one in the engine bay rattles, try that. Mine recently started so i have padded it to stop it

Could also check the manifold heat-shield, mine has corroded a bit.
I also had a really annoying rattle that took me ages to locate and turned out to be coming from the ashtray. :rolleyes:

Im in the same boat, i find mine is bang on 4k

I have no driveshaft or cat heatshield, its not the ivtec , think ill try the manifold one then

Hmm. Seems odd. With the sound only happening so specifically is it a safe bet that it is a heat shield come loose rather than a mechanical issue. There is no fault codes showing up so I am sort of at ease there.

Suppose it's a good exercise in weight saving

Im in the same boat, i find mine is bang on 4k

I have no driveshaft or cat heatshield, its not the ivtec , think ill try the manifold one then

Do you have gruppe M or Tegiwa, have you checked the heatshield? Mine used to rattle at that 4k RPM.

I have a tegiwa yes. Didn't think if that I'll see if it's loose tomorrow. :)

Yeah best way to check is put it in neutral then get somebody to rev it to 4k rpm with the bonnet up. Then when it gets to those revs hold the heatshield with your hand to see if its that.

Back