• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rattling from rear solved

I have had a rattle coming from the somewhere on my car for the last 3 week's after taking off most of the wheels over the last week i finally decided it was definetly coming from the rear, so today decided to have another go and after about 20 minutes found a stone where the chassis meets the rear wheel arm. Thought i would post this as i know how annoying rattles can be i can only decribe the rattle as sounding like a loose nut clinking loosly around have a look below...

000_0007.jpg

000_0008-1.jpg

000_0009.jpg

"dirtyh900"

You're a Legend!

I've had an annoying rattle for a while now too. I had "Guy" (from this forum)
under the car for a couple of hours trying to find the source of the rattle but with no luck.

After spending a few hours today crawling under the car trying to find the
source of the rattle, I was just about ready to give in and pass it to Honda.

After searching though this section Luckily I came across your thread.

So I took off the wheel and had a look and there it was..........the little git!
Exactly as you described. Had to take a hammer and chisel to it though as I
couldn't get it out for the life of me!

Thanks so much!

A night under your car Paul is what most girls dream off, still at least we solved the common heat shield rattles from cat and driveshaft.

Back