• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rattling

Can anyone help me.. got a problem with 2004 type r.. last few weeks now I've heard a rattling coming from under the car it sounds like my heat sheild rattling I've just filled it up with oil and the noise has quietened down alot.. anyone know what this is? Plus I've used about 2 litre of oil in about 1500 miles is this normal also? Any help would be much appreciated

How much oil did you put in during the last top up? 2 litres in 1,500 is bordering on high usage, the manual states 1l every 800 miles is acceptable, bit you would have to be ragging the nuts off it most of the time to use that much though.

Does it rattle when you aren't moving? It would make sense to get it on a ramp and either start pulling heat shields off of at least give them a knock and listen for rattles.

Back