• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RBC Inlet Manifold Advice.

Hi, was just wondering if a RBC would be worth while investing in? I have been offered one complete with throttle body adapter so direct fitting. What should I be looking to pay for one second hand complete, just in case I'm getting charged to much haha. Also I know that getting a map would greatly improve the whole system but would it be ok left standard until I can get it mapped??

Thanks

It would need mapping, you could leave it short term but definitely needs a map.
Also the slam panel needs cutting to get it to fit, so almost straight fit.
No idea how much they are worth though sorry

If one was to fit the 70mm manifold aswell as the skunk 70mm throttle body how much more extra bhp should one expect ?

You don't gain much from going 70mm throttle unless you're going for a more built engine e.g cams

Ok so it's pointless in your opinion so, any with the rbc that *** give a few bhp without touching the internals of the engine I intend to put a manifold aswell.

Well picked up the 70mm RBC today complete with adapater all ready to bolt straight on, got it all for 200 which I didnt think was to bad. I noticed in the posts that your saying that it's pointless unless your going to do cams and stuff, what kind of gains would I be looking at if I have both 70mm rbc and 70mm throttle body along with a exhaust system and map?? Just seeing if it's going to be worth it all the work and £££ or if I should just sell it on?? Was also thinking of just running it standard I.e with normal throttle body and the car back exhaust system I have now??

Ok so if I had a throttle body, manifold exhaust system and a map then I would only be looking at minimal gain of hp not like 20-30 as everyone states?

I did 70mm RBC with 70mm TB decat and exhaust and made 233bhp at TGM with good torque and midrange.

Ok so if I had a throttle body, manifold exhaust system and a map then I would only be looking at minimal gain of hp not like 20-30 as everyone states?

Sorry I may have misread what you were asking, or you misunderstood what I ment.

Regarding the throttle body alone, they only give a few peak hp on top of the other bolt on mods, hence why I said their not great in terms of bhp per £ spent, a new (good brand) 70mm TB looking at £300 ish, it's a lot of money for a few bhp.

You will still see a good 230-240bhp with bolt ons without a TB.

Yeah sorry I think we miss understood each other, so with all the bolt ons I should see hopefully between 230-240 which is great.

My other question is would I notice anything with just the inlet manifold added??

I would say no unless you had it mapped when you have it fitted. As with any mods, the engine ECU will revert back to standard even with mods until it's mapped to make use of the extra air/fuel it can.

Back