• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RBC intake manifold noise?

Do most people take this to a garage to fit or do they fit themselves?

It seems to be a labour intensive task compared to the header say, so labour bill racking up.

Anyone help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you would need to modify the slam panel so it's a clear fit. I am not too sure though but I'll wait for sensible answers as I need to fit mine as well. :D

Takes a couple hours on the driveway, get some metal sheet cutters for a neat cut on the slam panel.

Do people normally swap slam panels with the person they are buying it from???

more cost effective??

You installed one before mate? fancy helping me closer to the time :)

As Rich said, slam panels are cheap enough. Just buy one and trim the current one.. Tdi north fitted mine along with my header on the day it was getting mapped.

Although slam panel trimming is not needed on a DC5.

As Rich said, slam panels are cheap enough. Just buy one and trim the current one.. Tdi north fitted mine along with my header on the day it was getting mapped.

Although slam panel trimming is not needed on a DC5.

I was planning to take the install of intake mani into a reptuable garage on here, but wondering if I can save some labour time by having the slam panel already modified. They quoted me around 3 hours to install the RBC.

I think TGM can do it in two hours. Their prices are also very competitive. I'd try and book in there, then take the short drive to get the car mapped at euro spec.

That reputable garage I am referring to is tgm bud. They quoted me three hours but was a competitive price still.

Was just wondering if I can help to reduce that labour time to save on costs even further.

The slam panel trimming won't really reduce them costs. It takes 5 mins max to do it.

Would anyone be able to fit it for me if I paid them in a couple of crates of beers and nachos?

I am in bucks area, but can travel....

TDI north will fit it & modify the slam panel for £198
Yah, tgm coming in at slightly less but was just wondering if any forum member on here has done this install before and be willing to help out a forum member. Obviously the member will be compensated accordingly.

Cheers.

I haven't had mine done yet but its booked in at TDI north on June 19th where they will be fitting the RBC for me :) cant wait!

Mate, take it to a good garage...took it to a cheap garage and messed up my bonnet alignment and now it doesn't shut properly.
Save yourself the hustle!

Hi guys, does the RBC change the volume engine note dramatically? I don't want the car to be silly loud, would bolt on to an ITG

Back