• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RBC or Teg M?

Hi,

Sorry that my first post is a question but I do, mainly, lurk on forums. I've got a few quid burning a hole in my pocket (but only a few quid) and don't know what to do. Advice please.

Car has a K&N Typhoon on with 2.5 centre pipe & fake Spoon N1 box. Do I get an RBC or flog the typhoon & get a Teg M? It's likely to be the only mod for a while as a new baby & car parts don't mix too well. I'm pushing myself with a Teg M so both isn't an option yet. I'm not looking for out & out power as I can't see either giving huge gains but a bit more 'shove' and drive ability is always nice.

Thanks, in advance.

I've read about hydro lock. I worry. A lot. I'd drive nowhere. I did put some thought into it but I know I'd refuse to drive in the wet.

RBC won't give you much without a remap.

AEM CAI as mentioned will be cheaper and sound as good.

You'd be better sticking with what you've got and getting a K100 and a remap if you want more shove, but that will be way over what you'd spend on a Tegiwa intake.

You could always go for the CPL ECU swap generic reflash which is a K100 installed with a generic map.

Modding is never cheap, so either budget for it or just do it for the noise, which you'll have already.

If you have a facelift you could remove the fog lights and run a pipe upto to the k&n for a bit of cool air. The AEM isn't as bad as you think it would take you driving through a very deep puddle very fast to do any trouble

No mate, pre facelift. I don't really want to map/reflash it yet as it will end up with a better air filter, RBC and exhaust manifold. It's just that it's going to take me a little longer to save up than in the 'pre baby' days. I suppose I worded the question wrongly. It's not which one should I do, it's which one should I do first.

Cheers

Better to do the intake first then.

RBC won't give you much improvement until it's remapped.

Back