• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RBC/PRC help......

Runners.jpg

My DC5 had itg maxogen, RBC, toda mani and a RM01A exhaust car had done 28k made 248bhp. Mates car Ctr, buddy club RBC and throttle body 70mm bore, BC mani, toda exhaust and a AEM cai made 248bhp but had a bit more torque 30k on the clock. Friend 2 had all the bits off my DC but had a kakimoto exhaust and made 250bhp with a bit more torque his car had done 90k. Just to give you an idea of what to expect if you do fit a RBC with the right mods. It's a piece of cake to swop the inlet manifolds. You just need a good socket set and a angel grinder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, by the way. The extra money, which is quite alot, to go 70mm with a different TB is 100% not worth the extra 2bhp you might get at 8k revs.

absolute waffle.

what dyno did you use? what dyno did suits use? was it the same day? maybe your ep3 was down on power from the beginning...

Please read into what different sized inlet manifolds actually do before trying to call bullshit.

They aren't just a bolt on for more power, there's always a sacrifice somewhere.

I know what different sized inlet runners do thanks. But to say the rbc is a waste of money is utter sh-t.

I'll go on fact till someone can produce a reliable back to back dyno result, thanks.

In my opinion, it isn't worth the time, effort, money, or slam panel.

well i was planning to fit a skunk 2 intake manifold with a 70 throttle body on my ep but i think it twice when i saw mr xdcx s post. if i did understand well ( because i dont speak english very well ) it s not a good- value for money- buy.
do you think it s a better idea if i just replace the oem manifold with a rbc ?
other mods on my car :injen air intake, dc sport manifold, 60 exhaust, hondata k pro

well i was planning to fit a skunk 2 intake manifold with a 70 throttle body on my ep but i think it twice when i saw mr xdcx s post. if i did understand well ( because i dont speak english very well ) it s not a good- value for money- buy.
do you think it s a better idea if i just replace the oem manifold with a rbc ?
other mods on my car :injen air intake, dc sport manifold, 60 exhaust, hondata k pro

I've seen a few graphs and people's builds with the 70mm bored RBC and bigger TB and the extra expense on the "upgraded" TB is just not worth it for 2-3bhp.

With the mods you have, it's going to do bugger all in honesty. You might have an extra 3bhp at 8000rpm to brag about, but for the money, f*ck that :lol:

No harm looking at the Skunk2 over the RBC though, slightly more expensive but from graphs etc they seem to givr similar gains. Skunk2 fits without ruining the slam panel though = bonus.

Back