• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Re-spray "blending in"

I have to get my rear quarter panel resprayed due to some scratches.

Ive been to a fair few body shops, and a few of them say they would blend the re-spray into the door as well, which is the way I thought they normally do on metallic cars.

Others say they wouldnt blend into the door, just respray that panel and then lacquer around the top part above the rear window etc. Honda said this is the way theyd do it as well.

I always thought the best way to respray esp. metallic paint was to blend it in to the next panel as well so the colour match is better.

Ive got a metallic silver sport, so i know the colour match is going to be hard to get spot on anyway, hence the reason for my question.

Im thinking of getting it done at a mate's brothers workshop, he says he'd blend it in too..

Any advice?

The recommended thing to do is to blend into the adjacent panels as required especially with silver as it's the hardest colour to get right. Try and find out how much of a blend they will do into the door as you may find any minute marks on the door will show up more once blended as it's a light surface paint and the lacquer will highlight marks. Get the door machine polished before blending if in doubt.

Hope that helps mate 8)

well put it this way.....I have just recently had my 2 doors replaced under warrenty (due to rusting appearing) and they sprayed the doors to match the rest of my cosmic grey ctr and they stuck out like a sore thumb.they were a shade darker.I sent it back as i was dissatisfied with the job.then they blended the front wing and rear quater to match now it looks like it should do.so due to my experience i think there is no other way to paint match other than blend the rest of the car in to match.

Hi mate, we recently had to get the bonnett of the wifes 206 re sprayed as some numpty put a dent on it, Loads of bodyshops said they would have to be blended but one guy said with the lighter metalic silvers it is ok, we just got the bonnett done & it looks fine, no difference in any light. the whole bonnett was £110 all in. :D

Back