• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Rear Brake Disc and Pads...

HI everyone... i'm quite annoyed.. just had my car back from honda service today, and apprently my rear brake pads are completely worn out and my disc are 2mm below minium.
I'm annoyed because this is the cars FIRST set of disc and pads since new! the factory fitted brakes!!!.. surely i don't need to change pads AND disc at the same time! that just rediculous!! Even my scooby can go thru at least 3 pad change at the back before needing to change the disc!!! :eek::eek:

anyone else has experience this??

It seems normal for them to go through pads so fast but I can't see how the discs can wear as fast as the pads........ is there a lip on the disc?

I wouldn't say the lip was horendous, i've seen worse at work.. might measure the disc myself to to double check :twisted:

Take it to TGM and get an opinion, sounds like the stealer is having your eyes out.

Yes,, I needed disks and pads on rear.....front pads on the front..all at 25k

The pads are looking lowish on mine at 21k miles, though I'm the second owner so I don't know how the previous owner treated the brakes. I suspect when mine goes in for it's 25k service they'll bring them up...

Oh i see.. well i've managed to get 38.5K miles out of my brakes, front still apprently have about 40% remaining...
Think i'm going to go for some harder compound for the rear brakes now.
EBC Yellow stuff disc and pads. Any comments on these disc and pads?

Many Thanks.

You'll never get them up to temp in normal driving, unless you're tracking it or uprating the front's as well then just stick to OEM pads.

You'll never get them up to temp in normal driving, unless you're tracking it or uprating the front's as well then just stick to OEM pads.

Yeh i see your point.. think i'll deffinately go for some after market disc, i think the Honda OEM disc are just too soft!!!

Just out of intrest has any one else got uprated brakes ont he rear??

I've done about 300-400miles since I last washed mine and the rear wheels are black while the fronts are nearly spotless..... :freak:

It's the ridiculous VSA Honda use, constantly dabbing the rears in corners etc.. The CRV is the same Neil.

It's the ridiculous VSA Honda use, constantly dabbing the rears in corners etc.. The CRV is the same Neil.
I have heard that... So it even does it under normal driving without flashing the light on the dash?

I have heard that... So it even does it under normal driving without flashing the light on the dash?

I wondered why there was more brake dust on the rears. VSA is unnecessary although not bad in the wet. annoying having the light showing when you turn it off. feels like your doing something wrong

I think so yeah, something to do with maintaining stability under braking/through corners, even when it's really not needed:rolleyes:

I'd say forget EBC Yellow Stuff, they'll be terrible when cold and like Hasnic says you probably won't warm them up enough when driving on the road.

I run Mintex 1144's on the front and Black Diamond Predator's on the rear of my S and they haven't been on it for all that long but I am impressed so far.

Honda tried to tell me that my pads were about 80% worn all around and when I changed them the rears were probably about 50% worn!! The fronts were mullered though and more like 90% :lol:

I've done about 300-400miles since I last washed mine and the rear wheels are black while the fronts are nearly spotless..... :freak:

Every time i wash my car that happens, clean fronts and black rears after a few days of driving. On all my previous cars it was the other way around.:confused:

I had the same last month, stealers wanted 450 to do both fronts and rears, thing is i had a terrible squeeking from wheels whencornering so opted to get the rears done first then put some EBC red stuff on the fronts when ever, hopefully before JAE!!! :lol:

Hummmm... i wonder if the VSA goes thru the 'Body Unit' maybe it can be reprogramed to work under extream driving conditions!!!

Uumm so the only way to get rid would be to turn VSA off everytime you start the car.

I got mine on lease Feb done just over 4000 since then. Wonder what they will say when I take mine in lol.

Back