• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear brake wear ?? Extreme

Hi all rear drivers side started making some noise the
last week but what would make it wear this badly ??

A stone maybe ?

anaha6uz.jpg

All swopped only cheap blueprint pads at £12

Nice easy job, you don't really need the rewind tool at all if its not seized and well lubed up

53 plate on original Honda pads

Wow, never seen anything like that before!!

They were either not fitted correctly or the piston was not applying even pressure to the pad, so perhaps a stone caught between the piston and pad, but again that could only happen during installation. How does the disc look?

The pads have been on the car for at least 6 years :) or even from new

Piston is smooth I've seen tiny stones get caught before but as your said I've never seen wear like that ever !!!

Discs are old but not dead yet tiny scores must have wedged in the gap

Best keep an eye on it seems OK since new pads installed

The locating nub hasn't been inserted correctly into the piston when it was fitted .

The inner pad sits at an angle, wears funny then jams in the slider.

When you fit the pads have the grooves in the piston running running vertical and pump the pedal slowly to release the piston and make sure the pad locates 100% then pump the handbrake .

Hi there

I would suspect caliper piston is sticking at rear,which is pretty normal there,I would try clean the rear caliper and check if piston is OK and if there are no leaks etc

Thanks,Jura

Just had mine serviced today they had to change my front pads because of that type of wear the guy said it was like a wedge which was caused by what stoneyni and jura have already said, so check your calipers first.

I'd say your right - BUT its taken 6 years plus to wear out ?? I've never changed the pads since owed till now :) new pads wearing OK at the moment

I lubed everything up pushed them in out hopefully no more issues

Can't beat Japanese build quality

Back