• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear brakes not working?

Hi everyone, after some advice. Been checking the posts about warped disks and seized calipers and I have a problem with my rear brakes. with car jacked up I spin the wheels and get a slight grinding noise as the wheels spins but are good and solid with handbrake applied. pads don't look like they are getting full use as wheels only ever have some brake dust on them, disk are rusty in places.

Had calipers off today and they were a pain to get off and pretty sure they need refurbed and disk and pads need changed. Just wondering if I am best to go down the route of replacing everything or getting a redress kit as I think I might need a caliper and piston redress kit but can get recon calipers for £55 with me handing back my old ones. Any advice welcome.

Cheers

I have noticed mine is doing that, there is a solid ring of rust all the way around the disc where it looks like brake pad hasn't touched at all, braking seems okay though, I'm interested in what's causing it :/

Well went to change the pads and disks today and when I took the calipers of and seen how old and rusty looking the disks were with very little wear and the pads looked like they weren't used much then looked at the calipers pretty sure they are seized up so just going to change the calipers, pads and disks and see what happens. Car still stops but just doesn't feel like its as good as it should be. Hopefully get this done over the weekend so will let you know.

Back