• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear Bumper

Well had crash in CTR & 1 of the mounts is broke :evil:

Just wonder if anyone knows if it can be fixed? or am I gonna have to buy new bumper
:?

Thanks
Steve

I would say due to it being a fixing point you will be best off getting a new bumper :(

Carl

Is that next to the rear light under where the tail gate shuts?? I'd get a new on if i were you. IIRC about £180 and tey come prepainted.

N77_CEJ said:
I would say due to it being a fixing point you will be best off getting a new bumper :(

Carl

I was thinkin the same, but there no scratches or marks :) is as though it was just ripped off from the inside :evil:

Neily03 said:
Is that next to the rear light under where the tail gate shuts?? I'd get a new on if i were you. IIRC about £180 and tey come prepainted.

Yes thats the place.
Not a bad price if already painted then, I was thinkin it was gonna be £500 :evil:

Hoydonk said:
Neily03 said:

Yes thats the place.
Not a bad price if already painted then, I was thinkin it was gonna be £500 :evil:

I think honda charge about £200 labour to change the rear bumper...... so its only £180 if you fit it yourself.

ps - thats only for the main bumper part, the type-r lip is about £270...

Neily03 said:
Hoydonk said:
Neily03 said:

Yes thats the place.

I think honda charge about £200 labour to change the rear bumper...... so its only £180 if you fit it yourself.

The lips smaller than the bumper, right :? Must be jap logic or something :wink:

Hoydonk said:
Neily03 said:
Hoydonk said:
Neily03 said:

Yes thats the place.

The lips smaller than the bumper, right :? Must be jap logic or something :wink:

Yep, i think its jus cos its for the type-r so they think we can afford it... :?

Neily03 said:
Hoydonk said:
Neily03 said:
Hoydonk said:
Neily03 said:

Yes thats the place.

Yep, i think its jus cos its for the type-r so they think we can afford it... :?

So the bumper bits standard throught the range & the lips just CTR.
I understand now

Cheaper to get the Buddyclub rear bumper.

My next mod 8) 8)

Well after the Buddyclub pro spec :lol:

And to go with my Buddyclub wheels

Anyone see a pattern emmerging :?

Hoydonk said:
Neily03 said:
Hoydonk said:
Neily03 said:
Hoydonk said:
Neily03 said:

Yes thats the place.

So the bumper bits standard throught the range & the lips just CTR.
I understand now

Thats correct. :wink:

smeg said:
Cheaper to get the Buddyclub rear bumper.

My next mod 8) 8)

Well after the Buddyclub pro spec :lol:

And to go with my Buddyclub wheels

Anyone see a pattern emmerging :?

Well I would like too :D but I gotta sell up or my M8 has offered to pay my loan whilst I'm working away for a year if he can drive it.

So either way I won't have the CTR for much longer :evil: :evil:
But I'm after a RSX in the states :D :D :D

Apologies for hijacking, but i've also knackered my rear bumper fixings (to the main body & to the lip :roll: ) and can't afford /don't want to replace it with std

Thinking about 'poxy'ing it back together as a short term fix, and getting an aftermarket bodykit - but not keen at all on buddyclub, so keeping options open...

Will be on show at the west mids meet on Monday, so any advice gratefully received

Well it gets worst :evil: :evil:

Dad parked on drive last night & forgot handbrake so rolled into front of CTR :evil: :evil: :evil:

I hate him, will post pic of damage when get home.
Question : should I go through insurance? teach him a lesson

Back