• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 rear caliper carrier seized

So it seems one of my rear caliper carriers has seized, has anyone had this before? After nosing on ebay it seems you can buy replacement sliders but any thoughts on how to get the old ones out?

Failing that will any other ep3 engine size civic have the same rear carrier that i could get from a scrappy?

Cheers guys

Ep3 has only one engine size. That's the type R.

Get it off car put in vice hit with hammer. Thoroughly grease up.

Copper slip is an anti seize rather than a lubricant for moving parts. Red rubber grease can be used on brakes

thats interesting I have a similar issue with my rear brakes. Was going to take the caliper off, clean slide pins and all contacts regrease with copper slip and see if thats does the trick without replacing the caliper. I will use this red rubber grease instead :)

As above mine was removed in a vice and greased up good.

A company called Big Red can do a refurb which is a decent price, although they may not have your calliper on the shelf for an exchange.

Copper slip is an anti seize rather than a lubricant for moving parts. Red rubber grease can be used on brakes

Ok I will use copper slip on the contacts on the pads to stop them from
corroding which I have. For
the pins I will use red rubber grease. Is this ready available at halfords?

Back