• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Rear caliper shim kits

Hey all :)

So I am really struggling to find these in stock anywhere! All the Honda dealers I have spoken to estimate the 28th November until they are able to ship the part out to me ( have been told numerous times that no one will have these in stock until due date ) . Does anyone know where I can find these please? I've tried emailing a few breakers on ebay but no one bothers to get back in touch with me :( .

Bit of background info :
Recently changed the rear pads on my ep3 because they were low and making that dreadful grinding noise. So changed the pads but noise is still there albeit not as much. The slider bolts were moving freely ( and they are brand new ) so I know they aren't sticking, so can only presume the noise is caused because the pad isn't sitting 100% flush with the caliper. Anyway, check through the civic part diagrams and notice I didn't have the shim kit installed ( unknown to me at the time of changing I actually required them on the rear ) . The Honda part number is 06435-s2a-000 .

Any info would be greatly appreciated, I miss driving my baby :( . Thank you!

Also, proud owner of a Cosmic Grey facelift with 68k completely standard :)

What pads did you buy? Did you smear copper grease on the rear of the pads? I changed my rear pads back in January and the brembo pads i fitted already had shims glued to them from the factory, so i just lubed these with copper for double measure. I dont recall fiddling around with any secondary honda shims but I do remember separate shims on the front caliper when i changed those 2 years ago.

Thanks for the reply ninja, I replaced mine with Brembo pads as well :( .

This is what I bought http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/H...81b1cbce793dc43e512e88fdae1d737d01414d&000036

However they also have listed http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/H...2a574221305725b1361fb22171777d770d3447&000036

Is it possible I have bought the wrong ones? I did copper grease them as well . I also replaced all the rear slider pins as one was a bit gunky ( cleaned it out thoroughly before putting the new ones in ).

I do have the shims for the fronts and they don't make any noise at all ( these are also brembo pads ) .

Once again thanks for any help anyone can give, really appreciate it :)

Yeah those are the wrong pads mate. If your caliper is standard like mine then the ones you wanted were the 2nd link - part number 10160014A. I almost made the same mistake when buying mine from euro. I have just looked back at my invoice from Jan and its definately the 10160014A that i fitted so hopefully this is your problem. Im amazed you got the other ones to fit into the caliper to be honest was it a struggle?

Yeah it was a struggle, ended up having to slightly bend the retainer clips.

Well I feel stupid now :D , should have double checked the part numbers instead of spending 0.1 seconds on google :p .

Thanks for your help ninja, I never would have known I had the wrong ones if you hadn't mentioned you also had brembo pads. I will update this thread in a few days once I have fitted the new pads :)

Back