• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear caliper sticking - brake fluid

So I went out for a hoon with coupla friends, long story short passenger side rear caliper started releasing steam and got very hot. Strangely as this was before even stamping all over the brakes. I have now ordered two new rear calipers from Brake Parts and going to fit these today.

I know theres loads of posts about fluid but cant see one which tells me, for a stock EP3 (with front Project Mu pads) for road driving, what dot should I be using - dot4? I believe from my last switch at TGM I have Brembo LCF600, but unsure of the dot as it was some time back.

Also, anyone used Pagid DOT4 brake fluid? Only one I can source at my local ECP before it gets done later this afternoon.

And does the whole system need flushing? or just the two rears that are being replaced. I assume it would be best to flush the whole system as Pagid DOT4 cannot be mixed with DOT5.1 (if i have this previously which I believe i may do).

Cheers for any input.

If you order a bottle of the Brembo LCF600 you mentioned you should be fine if that's what TGM put in.

Yeah you'll just need to bleed the rears.

Problem is I can only access euros to have it in time, ordering will take few days. Do you know if DOT4 or DOT5.1 is recommended from Honda if i go for Pagid?

Did new calipers solve the issue? As I have the same problem even after I rebuilt the rear right caliper and new slider pins

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Did new calipers solve the issue? As I have the same problem even after I rebuilt the rear right caliper and new slider pins

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

It did solve the problem. I opted to buy a new one just to avoid the risk of it doing the same thing. Changed both rears at the same time. I got them off Brake Parts if your interested. Hope that sorts it bud.

Back