• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear driver side wheel bearing

hi guys, i might have a faulty wheel bearing taking it to dealers next saturday to get proper diagnosed, i asked them to price up at wheel bearing for me and the guy came to a price of £257.
they said the part was around £180 and then to replace some nut and plastic cover and they came to £11 the rest was labour.
now dont get me wrong i would prefer to get genuine honda parts but is the dealer trying to get too much from me? was wanting to know if there are any other bearings you can get or if i should just stump up?
cheers guys

The wheel bearing probably comes as a complete hub with the bearing hence the cost. Seperate bearings are probably available, but would take more time to fit costing more labour.

Are you sure its not a distorted tyre, i had that problem on my CTR due to incorrect camber.

well my tyre looks like it is weraing on inside edge but i took it to a gaage up ere who immediatley said it was bearing but waiting till next sat to see what the dealer says.

Sounds the the same as mine, the inner edge of the tyre was distorted and uneven. It felt even worse when you ran your hand around the tyre. My dealer replace the top rear suspension arm under warranty, Honda know about this fault and have made a modifyed arm.

well i finally got new arms for car getting them fitted on tuesday also purchased front camber bolts too so gonna have fully adjustable front and rear camber :)

Back