• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Rear Fog Light

With the recent foggy weather down here has meant the need to use both front and rear Fog Lights.

I've noticed annoyingly however that the FN2 Type R only has 1 rear fog light. Is it possible at very little expense to convert it so that you can have 2 instead?

Bit of an expense for the 3 times a year you will use it?
I thought most cars only had the 1 light these days?

:rolleyes: Yeah true........but always think that in the fog, car's with 1 rear foglight look liKE a motorbike from a distance. Is it costly then?

The MGZR i had before had 2 rear ones and noticed this morning loads of cars with 2 as I went past them on the way to work. :)

How many reversing we got...2? I think you can get away with 1 reversing, so there might be a way to convert one of those lights. Or I could just be talking out of my ar*e!
Though personally I'd prefer 2 reversing over 2 fogs!

Yeah 2 reversing lights.
Thing is the light cluster has the space and the gap for the bulb to go through and sit within the cluster however there is no socket on the circuit board. Is the rear foglight on the other side on LHD cars?

Erm, dont know to be honest, I'll have a look. I've only ever turned it on when I picked it up and I was pi**ing about with all the buttons!
I have yet to figure out what that little red light in interior lights in the head liner that shines onto the gear stick is for!

I'll investigate the fog light thing further. If you could let me know what side yours is that would be great. ;)

Ahh i think that's just to illuminate the gear knob in the dark my friend. :cool:

electrically speaking, it would be pretty simple to wire another one in using the existing space on the redundant side, however its not really worthwhile tbh! if it really is that foggy that someone mistook you for a motorbike, you'd hope they wouldn't be chancing an overtake if visibility is that s**t!

Has it not got something to do with the fact that Honda are Jap and they don't have rear fog light on their cars.

The Civic's aer built here and are adapted so that they have at least one to make them road legal in the UK.

Dont bother putting in another rear fog light IMO.

:)

Yeah 2 reversing lights.
Thing is the light cluster has the space and the gap for the bulb to go through and sit within the cluster however there is no socket on the circuit board. Is the rear foglight on the other side on LHD cars?

my ep3 was the same so i bought the lampholder and drilled the blank where the holder should go. then fitted my new holder in the hole and wired this to the the other rear fog light. I then had 2 x rear fog lights and cost me about £11

I'll investigate the fog light thing further. If you could let me know what side yours is that would be great. ;)

Ahh i think that's just to illuminate the gear knob in the dark my friend. :cool:

Its on the LHS. Incidentally we've had a right "pea-souper" here this morning and I actually used it!
Its been -15c all week and its warmed up to -4c today so the moisture is now condensing!

Back