• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear passenger side brake sounds like it's clunking under light braking

With the windows down at low speeds if I tap the brake or apply the handbrake lightly there is a clunk. Like loose brake pads within the calliper. There about 12 months old and never done it before until the last week. Is this common with possibly worn parts or could it be some crap stuck on there somewhere.

Only sounds like passenger side rear. Could this be a simple strip clean and rebuild thank you

another thought I did tighten the handbrake around 3 weeks ago but still ran workout issue for 2 weeks or more. Could it need freeing up on the caliper end. Caliper is also 12 months old

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to tight my handbrake again,and now its loose again the lever goes so high,I cant keep tightening again and again cos there's no spring left all compressed
What does this mean new cables?

I'm wondering this myself to be honest Mate. 100,000 miles for two cables I guess isn't to bad. I'll have to strip mine the weekend and have a good look

Found the cause , one slide pin on the passenger rear is partially siezed , good clean up and regrease and it feels a lot better. Orderd some new Pins and boots for piece of mind

Back