• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Rear tyres wearing on the inside?

Hi all I'm new to here and wondered if someone could help or just give me a idea what could be the problem with my tyres wearing on the inside edge. Im just putting new rear pads on my ep3 and noticed that both rear tyres have worn alot on the inside edge? dont know loads about cars and thought someone could give me a idea? Not the most interesting of questions i know but help would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

That normally happens with excessive camber, i.e. top of the wheels tucked in too much. From the factory you can't adjust camber though you need adjustable rear camber arms, but if you've lowered the car without sorting the geometry out afterwards then that would explain it.

Hi loxy. The car is 100% stock mate so no lowering as of yet. I know on the front its norm the tracking that makes them wear but not sure why its done it on the back. On a car with a rear axel i know the pins wear which causes this cos my mate has a buisness putting new pins in pugs but not sure why it would do it on independent suspension. Might go to the tyre place and ask em what they think. properly say i need 4 continental sport contacts all round lol

It's a common symptom of all modern cars.

Due to the safe geometry most manufacturers dial in to their vehicles with negative camber and slight toe out, the inner edges suffer from stepped or sawtooth wear.

Especially prevalent on block type tread patterns.

This is normal and can also show itself as a rumbling sound, similar to a wheel bearing.

It does rumble a little from the back tbh. I just checked the rear tyre pressures on both sides at the back and they were both 20 psi :( so guess this wouldn't help. Have't had the car long so never checked them.

Had the wheel off bushes didt look too bad tbh. I don't think running at 20 psi would have done it any favours.

Back