• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear washer jet blocked

I've come across the first problem of my civic, which seems to some sort of blockage in the rear washer. I've tried using a pin and had no luck. I know there's fluid getting to it as I disconnected the hose where boot hinge is and tired which worked. So the problem lies somewhere in the boot door, behind the trim. What's the best thing I should do next?

Get down to your local friendly neighbourhood back street gargage and ask tem to fire some compressed air through the line and jet. The jets sometimes get crudded up. On my old Clio I used to have to do it a couple of times a year. If it becomes too frequent, get one from a breakers.

better than my old fiat that the line used to drop out of the nozzle and id get water coming out of the light for the number plate instead of on the rear screen!

Ah, the bad old days!

After washing the car the other day i fixed the problem, got the pressure washer on the nozzle and gave it a quick blast and bob's your uncle!

Tbh it works better than it ever has done! :lol:

Ive got this problem too. Had it for over a month now.

Im guessing im going to have to remove the boot trim to get to the inside of the washer jet and clean it that way.

How easy is it to take the trim of without braking anything? :confused:

Mine doesn't work on my DC5. I'm pretty sure to sort mine out, I'll have to remove the roof lining to get to it. Therefore it will remain unfixed.

I had this problem too, i took the boot lid liner off and blew air through the pipe and washer jet with a foot pump, a load of black gel like crap come out and is all fine now.

Back