• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear Washer Jet

Alright lads my rear washer jet was working and now it has stopped working!:( cleaned out the nossle and is still not working! Motor is spinning and and thier is water in it! any ideas?Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
As esox55 said above, try it without the nozzle fitted, then what i found best was to boil some water, and put the nozzle in a cup full of it for a couple minutes, after that, i put a pin inside the part where the pipe connects and the crap usually just slides out pretty easily. Happens to me quite often. Hope this helps mate. :)

Hi had same problem with my EP3, in the end had to remove trim from boot and found blockage in plastic feed pipe. Removed from nozzle and used a old wire coat hanger to unblock. Now works perfectly!

My rear washer is blocked on the DC5. The only way I can see I could get to it is by taking the roof lining out. The is too much of a large task that could go wrong for such a little annoyance.

If the nozzle is blocked, and you can't clean it out, honda will only supply the whole rear washer motor unit with the nozzle in it, alternatively bmw sell one for the 1 series which is exactly the same

Ive just noticed mine does not work either, not sure if its always been like that.
I was having a look last night and after five minutes of trying to find the nozzle i still could not locate it (it was dark), could someone point me in the right direction?

I always use a compressed air gun to unblock mine. Works a treat. Occasionally it's not the nozzle so I unplug the tubes further up and blast from there.

If you don't have a compressor, take the offending bits apart and take them to a garage and ask nicely. They shouldn't charge you.

Ive just noticed mine does not work either, not sure if its always been like that.
I was having a look last night and after five minutes of trying to find the nozzle i still could not locate it (it was dark), could someone point me in the right direction?

Yeah where is the nozzle?:confused: I cant see it anywhere?

Apologies once more for resurrecting an old thread.

I replaced the OE nozzle with a twin jet one then about 12m later it stopped working again. It seemed clear, so at this point I took Daddycool's advice and checked the one way valve in front of the rear NS seat. Coincidence or not it (prized it apart and cleaned it as best I could) made a difference, so I replaced it with a straight one (rather than 90 degree) off a well known auction site. Everything seems good again.

I will add, though, that it is wise to test any cheap one way valves with a syringe and a piece of pipe before attempting to fit. I bought a couple to try and one was very restrictive, another did not work at all (was replaced no questions asked). If your pump had been working and the valve was stopping flow, once you disconnect the pipes to connect the new valve, washer fluid (under pressure) will go everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back