• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear wiper squirter

Lottie

The Duchess
It has not been working for a while so I just presumed it was clogged.

We have tried a pin this morning to clear the squirter hole and still nothing, you can hear the pump working. We also located where it runs into the boot and there is no liquid coming through there either, so its definatly between the engine bay and pipe there is a problem.

Im guessing there is a leak in the pipe somewhere but have no idea where it runs round the car? (no leaks are evident)

The car is still under warrenty but that will mean taking a day off work so if I can get it sorted myself it would be better.

Any ideas?

i had this problem but luckily it was just a blocked jet

it sounds like the pipe is blocked rather than a leak TBH, you will have to remove the pipe from the pump and try to blow air down it ( i used my little tyre air compressor with a fitting for pumping up lilo's)

sorry, im not much help!

i had this problem but luckily it was just a blocked jet

it sounds like the pipe is blocked rather than a leak TBH, you will have to remove the pipe from the pump and try to blow air down it ( i used my little tyre air compressor with a fitting for pumping up lilo's)

sorry, im not much help!

Ah that sounds OK, I have a tyre pump with the attachments so shouldnt be too hard. Any idea how I get to the pump though, all I can see from looking through the engine is the refill tube and then a plastic cover. Do you think I am going to have to jack the car and get to it from underneath?

If its anything like mine itll run all around the roof. If it was leaking ou would probably have a big damp / discoloured patch on it.

I dont really see hwo it could get blocked though, surely its a sealed system? :confused:

Back