• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Reasons why the EP3 KPRO won't work on a DC5

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
As far as I know it's something to do with the wideband sensor. Is there not a way around this?

Is there any other reasons?

I think thats correct Chris. The ECU in the DC5 is configured to take readings from the wideband sensor it has as standard. The EP3's is not, and thus an EP3 ecu will not work on a DC5 and vice versa.

Don't quote me on that though :wink:

Yes, thats about it really.

I think a DC5 ecu will work in a Euro EP3 as long as you install the pucker Honda wideband O2 sensor from the DC5, and make any necessary wiring loom changes.

The Euro Ep3 ecu has no wideband support so will not work in the DC5

PRA ecu = euro EP3 (no wideband O2)
PRB ecu = RSX-S (wideband O2)
PRC ecu = JDM EP3 / DC5 (wideband O2)

CTR said:
What is the wideband sensor exactly?

Have a look here ;

http://www.boostpimps.com/tech/12/Wideband/vs./Narrowband/O2/Sensors.html

Basically it means with a wideband enabled k-pro ecu, you can datalog across the full air/fuel ratio range within the Hondata software.

If you datalog a Euro k-pro ecu, the air fuel ratio only ever reads 14.7, so you need an external wideband 02 sensor and datalogger to tune your air fuel ratio.

I have an Innovate LM-1 wideband O2 logger for tuning my k-pro

Tp would probably be the man in the know, as he had a US PRB k-pro on his CTR.

However, I don't know of anyone who has tried to put a euro k-pro on a JDM EP3 or DC5.

Either that, or register on the Hondata forum and ask Doug

http://www.hondata.net/forum/

Jon

And why would you want a lower spec ECU fitted to a DC5? :shock: :lol:

1. Wiring for wideband oxygen sensor is different as discussed
2. Different immobiliser setup

DC5 one fits into EP3 as we know this as Paul Jones is running with one after actually ordering and paying for a US Kpro via CPL. :roll: :lol: Bit of general confusion all around there! :lol: :lol:

We only found this out when I tried to fit a CO2 cooling system using the Nitrous outputs.....only to find it diddnt work. Reason - there isnt any there as it was a DC5 ECU! We took it apart and checked the gubbins to clarify this.

You can run a DC5/US ECU in an EP3 without doing the O2 wiring changes but its not recommended for long as it has to run in open loop which means all part throttle mapping is used and its not running in auto so to speak. If you do this you better have a very very good map with full part throttle tuning done. :!:

So basically, without a shed load of hastle then buy the PRC ECU?

MilanoChris said:

Your better off talking to Paul at Tdi who has done quite a few conversions now. There is something different with the newer EP3's ECU's. :wink:

tp said:
MilanoChris said:

Your better off talking to Paul at Tdi who has done quite a few conversions now. There is something different with the newer EP3's ECU's. :wink:

Cheers, I will give him a bell tomorrow.

Back