• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recomend Me A CAT1 Alarm

My alarm is on the way out on my Honda Integra DC2 Type R (MY2000). It is chirping and buzzing a bit on setting it, and sometimes lets out a few siren noises. It is the original alarm fitted by Honda (possibly dealer fit??). Apart from the noises it seems to work ok, but is gradually getting worse. The remote CL etc... all still works fine, and I believe the imobiliser is separate in the ECU.

As I know fook all about alarms, can you please recomend me a new CAT 1. It doesnt need to have all the features, as long as it operated my CL etc...

Also I have been told to stay away from Clifford alarms due to reliability??

Cheers.

I had an Autowatch fitted to my DC5 Gunn & it was superb!!!

Only prob I had was the bonnet switch failing, but this was the OEM one & think the BC bonnet was to blame. We changed the switch & it was all A OK again.

I paid £250 fitted.

Autowatch are widely used in South Africa, if they are good enough for there, it was good enough for my car.

HTHs

I use a clifford concept 600 with the flashers in the back windows these provide enough deterrant to anyone, but at JAE knowbody knew what they were lol!
Also has motion tilt sensors, sensors that go daft when anyone gets to close to the car, intellistart and loads of other trick bits, and they are awesome!
Although in 6 years no1's ever came near the civic even with the standard honda wanky alarm!

Back