• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Recomended DC5 Breakers.

Hi fellas really could do with some help here. Basically to cut a long story short my beloved DC5 had every window smashed in apart from the drivers side rear quarter on wednesday night by vandals, I was parked out the area I live so I had to drive the best part of 90 miles with no windows as you can imagine the missus wasn't best pleased. Thankfully to my relief the spotless bodywork I have worked so hard on was untouched. Anyway having deciding that my no claims was to valuble to lose because the insurers will only accept a malicious claim costing my £200 excess plus my 4 years NCB. They originally was going to put it through on a glass claim costing me £90 until auto windscreens quoted nearly £2500 to replace all the glass. They have to get it from Honda obviously and the 'c-pack' rear windscreen costing about £750 and wouldn't be available till the end of January, unbelieveable! Any my plan moved on to source the glass myself and just put the windscreen through the insurance saving my NCB and only costing £90, spoke to Honda and that is in Belgium so not a problem to get. I have also got the drivers and passenger windows and rear quarter that I need for £130 delivered off a guy called Andy on ebay under the username integrastella, quality bloke if anybody needs any spares, DC5 or DC2. So brings me to the question has anybody got any good DC5 breakers to recommend to help me source the rear glass or complete boot? Any help or just share my pain because the teggy looks a right state, glass everywhere!! :(

Hi fellas really could do with some help here. Basically to cut a long story short my beloved DC5 had every window smashed in apart from the drivers side rear quarter on wednesday night by vandals, I was parked out the area I live so I had to drive the best part of 90 miles with no windows as you can imagine the missus wasn't best pleased. Thankfully to my relief the spotless bodywork I have worked so hard on was untouched. Anyway having deciding that my no claims was to valuble to lose because the insurers will only accept a malicious claim costing my £200 excess plus my 4 years NCB. They originally was going to put it through on a glass claim costing me £90 until auto windscreens quoted nearly £2500 to replace all the glass. They have to get it from Honda obviously and the 'c-pack' rear windscreen costing about £750 and wouldn't be available till the end of January, unbelieveable! Any my plan moved on to source the glass myself and just put the windscreen through the insurance saving my NCB and only costing £90, spoke to Honda and that is in Belgium so not a problem to get. I have also got the drivers and passenger windows and rear quarter that I need for £130 delivered off a guy called Andy on ebay under the username integrastella, quality bloke if anybody needs any spares, DC5 or DC2. So brings me to the question has anybody got any good DC5 breakers to recommend to help me source the rear glass or complete boot? Any help or just share my pain because the teggy looks a right state, glass everywhere!! :(

Hi.

Gutted for you mate. Keep trying the search engines, hopefully something will come up. Have you tried Dave at Steels Honda, Hereford I've heard he is extremely helpful.

I take it the comments Paragraphs FTW don't refer to a breakers yard then. Good luck. Granty.

Integrastella as you've stated, or try TGM in Fleet, they usually have some parts knocking about.

Hi.

How did you finally come on with the rear screen. Im interested, as your pain could happen to anyone of us. Especially us with the JDM cars. Regards. Granty.

Hi Granty, the Integra has been put back together now, I got it all sorted within two weeks of the vandalism which I thought was going to be near on impossible the day or two after the incident, good job I also have a works van to use! I purchased a rear boot lid complete with the rear glass from a guy off ebay for £200, a couple of scratches on the glass and the boot lid paintwork needed a respray but other than that a perfect replacement.

All in all the repair has cost me the best part of £500 which I know is not ideal just before christmas but it could of been a lot worse cost wise and also the time the teg would of been off the road if the full repair had all gone through the insurance. Full breakdown of the repair was :

£90 - windscreen claim.
£130 - n/s and o/s door glass and n/s rear quarter glass, both door glass fitted myself.
£200 - boot lid and glass
£70 - the price the windscreen company charged extra on top of windscreen excess to fit rear quarter and remove the rear glass from the boot lid off ebay and fit it in my integra, bargain I thought.

Still a few bits of glass here and there but after spending a few hours hoovering the car with the panels, seats etc. out of it, I hope I've got all of the glass out now, but I doubt it lol!

Kind regards, Jason.

Back