• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recommend me a decent harness for bucket seat

Just got myself a bucket seat for my ep3 track car. Now I need to choose a harness to hold me in. Can anyone recommend a decent harness which is a direct fit using existing fixing points in the car. I have no cage.
Thanks

Sabelt. However I personally wouldn't run harnesses unless you have roll over protection. If you roll the car you won't be able to get out of the seat unlike 3 point and the roof could cave in on your head. Also go for 6 point as otherwise you can submarine. Finally check with the belt company if your seat is safe to use 45 degree angle mounting as not all are.

I will be getting a cage mate. Just purchased a 6 point sabelt from a friend which bought and never used.

Hi, I mean the angle of the straps from the holes on the seat to the mounting point, it should be no higher than 45 degrees otherwise you can compress your spine in an accident. I am not sure on harness bars, I read into them and I'm not convinced they are as safe as a proper cage mount for harness straps.

Back