• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recommend me a head unit please!

Evening all!

Well I should come clean and admit that I've never bought and aftermarket HU before, having always stuck with the factory fit (yes even the crappy one in the CTR!!).

So I have no clue on what's hot, and what's not in the market!

Bearing this in mind, could you chaps / chapettes recommend a decent single din head unit. It will be unlikely that I'll be fitting subs or amps to it, so a decent output is needed. Also bluetooth phone connection is a must, as is a decent quality iPod connection and interface!

Also any recommendations on speakers would be cool to!

Thanks in advance for your tips!

Andy.

How much do you want to spend on the headunit and speakers?

There are some cracking deals here

How much do you want to spend on the headunit and speakers?

There are some cracking deals here

Hi there,

I don't know what budget will buy decent kit? I Don't want to go mad, but equally don't want to buy something crap! I'd say maybe £250-£300 for the HU, and say another £150-£200 for front speakers, and I'd add rears when funds allow.

TBH the car is going to be quite loud, so it's going to be a waste to spend too much!! :D

Is this a realistic budget?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you dont want to add an amp to power the front speakers then I wouldn't bother spending that much on speakers, you wont get the full benefit. If I was you I would just change the headunit first and see if you are happy with how it sounds.

The Pioneer DEH-P85BT is a nice headunit or pick one from here

If you dont want to add an amp to power the front speakers then I wouldn't bother spending that much on speakers, you wont get the full benefit. If I was you I would just change the headunit first and see if you are happy with how it sounds.

The Pioneer DEH-P85BT is a nice headunit or pick one from here

Agreed. No point in running decent speakers direct from the headunit.

Me too but my alpine massacres the components at anything over 2/3 volume unless i turn the bass.treble down to -8 :evil: ok the components are 5 years old now but they have always been *****...Focal Access or something like that

Back