• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recommendations on wax and sealant for NHB ep3

Have recently used a DA polisher with megiuars 105 and 205. The results were awesome but the paint seems to be missing that extra wet look/shine (probably because I didn't wax/seal after). I usually use autoglym super resin polish but it doesn't seem to be doing quite so well now.

Could do with recommendations as I could spend my life reading all the detailing posts on here lol

Thanks guys.

Meguiars #7 glaze, awesome stuff. It'll give you that wet look you're looking for. Autoglym high def wax is decent stuff, maybe finish it off with that.

There's also Poorboys black hole which is good but I don't think it gives the same standard of wet look as Meguiars.

I was impressed with the correction results I got with the meguiars So I'll give that a shot thanks. Best results by hand or DA polisher with #7?

I clayed it but made the mistake of doing it when it was quite cold so caused a lot of marring. Hence I invested in the DA polisher.
I'm not expert but definitely clay before mopping as if something gets stuck on your pad it will scratch the car to all hell. It's not a quick job either allow at least 4-6hrs depending on the correction needed.

Thanks will get onto it as have a flex poliser tha t I usefor work,, just need some pads,, did you use different types of pads

Depends what level of correction you need and what product you will be using really. But yes I used meguiars yellow pad with 105 and black with 205. The type of pad influences the amount of correction. Also you don't want to use two products on the same pad. Negates the point of the different products. If you've never done it before you tube it , it's all about technique with da polishers and remember honda paint is soft.

Back