• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Red footwell lighting.

CJ

Just bought a new 09 Civic Type R (FN2) and have to say I have never driven anything like it before and think I'm hooked!!!! :D

Have looked through the forum and found nothing about the red footwell lighting so thought I would make available my findings to others.

When I looked at the car I loved the red LED floor lighting as an option and asked about adding it. When I found the cost I declined and decided to have a look myself after I had bought the car.

On investigation I got down on my knees to find it is already installed in both front footwells but has been cleverly covered with a dark blue shield so it does not shine and masks the LED!!!! If you turn the headlights on and get down you will quickly be able to see it glowing through the dark blue holder.

I unclipped the LED from the dark blue holder rotated the holder clockwise and removed the holder from both footwells. I then ran a drill down the centre of both of the holders so that the LED would shine through it. Refitted the holder and clipped the LED back in place and hey presto I had red LED footwell lighting :lol: 30mins tops this took.

Hope others find this helpful. Maybe something you all know about but thought it was worth a punt.

CJ

On investigation I got down on my knees to find it is already installed in both front footwells but has been cleverly covered with a dark blue shield so it does not shine and masks the LED!!!! If you turn the headlights on and get down you will quickly be able to see it glowing through the dark blue holder.

CJ[/QUOTE]

What do the footwells look like now you have drilled the covers?? Any chance you could put a picture up, interested in doing this to my champ White to make it a little brighter.
Cheers

Hi CJ
Do you or anybody on here mind having a look what the multi-plug for the foot well lighting looks like? maybe a quick picture as well? Please!
Basically, i bought 2 small L.E.D.s and i just want to find the 'hidden' / 'tied up' wiring loom for it... I had a good look yesterday but i had no luck searching it. As i working for Subaru, they have a multi-plug tied up if the added foot well lighting wasn't ordered by the customer, when fitting these kits we just locate the multi-plug and plug it straight in. BUT I CAN'T FIND IT ON THE HONDA and its driving me mad! HAHA!

Many Thanks!!

Footwell lighting is standard on 09 GTs.
Hi i got my 09 GT with nav and reading this thread my car has no lighting in footwell at all but you say it is standard on 09 GT :( also you say ipod is standard ( it 's not ) my car has not got that its being fitted thursday i see you can get footwell lighting kit from honda for 129 quid alot of cash to look at your feet me thinks:lol:

Hi i got my 09 GT with nav and reading this thread my car has no lighting in footwell at all but you say it is standard on 09 GT :( also you say ipod is standard ( it 's not ) my car has not got that its being fitted thursday i see you can get footwell lighting kit from honda for 129 quid alot of cash to look at your feet me thinks:lol:

You can plug you ipod in the usb socket in the centre armrest.... Is yours an MY09 model or an MY08 on an 09 plate?

Thanks for reply so quick i just looked no USB plug how do I tell if 08 or 09 model ?as car was sold to me by Honda as an 09 model.

Check the VIN number, the 9th & 10th number is the model year, mines an 08 plate and says 08 in the VIN meaning its MY08.

Had a look its an 08 so i take it no ipod connection. Got the car very cheap and love it, had an order for RS focus since march but ford messed me around so went and got the type R what a great car, and have 10k left have spoken to TTS about supercharger kit (any advise would be great as new to the type R). I must say this seems like a great forum with a helpfull bunch.

Back