• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Red front honda badge

I want to replace my front Honda badge with a new one, does it just pop off and on in with clips, has anyone changed there badge, is it quite straight forward.

the badge is held on with adhesive pads, just use a wide screwdriver to prize it of, I used a small chisel. There are 2 locator holes in the grill make sure you havent snapped the pins on the back of the badge in them, clean away the old adhesive pads and attach the new badge using the locator holes.

Simple.

Thanks mate, i just am quite OCD and need a fresh badge, any ideas on cost from honda.

There's a clip on each of the locator pins, you ideally need to take the grille and prise the clips of the lever the badge off.

I have just been looking through previous post and found that it seems to be easier to remove the grill to fit the badge, sorry for all the questions but is it quite striaght forward to remove the grill and a quick job, thanks in advance

Yes it's best to remove the grille, I found it a little bit fiddily to get the inner trim clips out but it's not hard.

The grill comes off easily enough; lever up the center of the plastic clips with a screwdriver, remove the inner and outer sections of the clips, then remove the grill. It may take some encouragement, mine needed a good slap from behind (oh, matron). Just a heads up, these clips cost £25 for 10 from Honda!

Clips: There are four more at the bottom of the grill. Old photo before cleaning!

These two plastic pins come through the grill and are secured with some metal locking-washer thingys. I just levered the washers up, got frustrated, then snapped the pins off.
Back of badge:

Back of grill:

I then levered the badge off with a chisel. The adhesive is not overly strong, but the grill plastic is fairly soft, so be careful not to dent/scratch it.

Front of grill, badge removed. It's covered in masking tape, not very helpful I know, but better than nothing and I'm not taking the tape off until it's been lacquered.

Interesting fact: EP3s whistle at 55mph if you drive without the grill. Discovered this on the way to work today, thought it was something really awful happening at first.

I've been doing this now because I had to remove the bumper to fix a headlight, so I'm combining a few jobs - Paint grill, new badge, mesh splitter vent, replace fogs with vents and CAF. It's really not hard to take the bumper off, and it makes removing the grill dead easy. As Dazzawest said, the lower clips will be hard to reach on the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
The grill comes off easily enough; lever up the center of the plastic clips with a screwdriver, remove the inner and outer sections of the clips, then remove the grill. It may take some encouragement, mine needed a good slap from behind (oh, matron). Just a heads up, these clips cost £25 for 10 from Honda!

Clips: There are four more at the bottom of the grill. Old photo before cleaning!

These two plastic pins come through the grill and are secured with some metal locking-washer thingys. I just levered the washers up, got frustrated, then snapped the pins off.
Back of badge:

Back of grill:

I then levered the badge off with a chisel. The adhesive is not overly strong, but the grill plastic is fairly soft, so be careful not to dent/scratch it.

Front of grill, badge removed. It's covered in masking tape, not very helpful I know, but better than nothing and I'm not taking the tape off until it's been lacquered.

Interesting fact: EP3s whistle at 55mph if you drive without the grill. Discovered this on the way to work today, thought it was something really awful happening at first.

I've been doing this now because I had to remove the bumper to fix a headlight, so I'm combining a few jobs - Paint grill, new badge, mesh splitter vent, replace fogs with vents and CAF. It's really not hard to take the bumper off, and it makes removing the grill dead easy. As Dazzawest said, the lower clips will be hard to reach on the car.

Thats very helpful mate thanks, the diagram is good, i will have a go this weekend.

Once last thing, do the clips on the grill just pop back in when putting the grill back on.

Yeah they just pop right back in.
When i changed my badge i just pulled it off and snapped the old clips. Doesnt matter because the new badge has new ones anyway.
Much easier than taking out the whole grill imo.

Yeah they just pop right back in.
When i changed my badge i just pulled it off and snapped the old clips. Doesnt matter because the new badge has new ones anyway.
Much easier than taking out the whole grill imo.
Did you not need to use the little metal washers on the back of the bage afterwards

Oh, b***er. I didn't think about that, I assumed the new badge would have new washers, maybe time to go rake through the bin...

To be honest, i think the adhesive on the back is probably more than capable of holding the badge, there is more on that than you need on your number plates to hold them on.

My grill is all back together now. The new badge didn't come with the metal locking washers, but the glue seems to be plenty to hold it in place. Time will tell I suppose.

I also got some new plastic clips from Honda to hold the grill on. They're a different design and MUCH better than the old ones, not cheap though!

Back