• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Red numbers on Skunk2 Gear Knob.

CSB

Hello,
I have 2 Skunk2 gear knobs in my possession and have noticed that on the newer one from Funky Power the red paint has scratched away. and the metal has some discolouration on the top. On the other knob the red lettering is like new.
Any one experience this?

Regards,
CSB

Think it'll just be wear and tear, you'd be amazed at how much the skin will wear away parts that are regularly handled, I may be wrong but I'd think it was this imo.

Is the discoloured one new from funkypower?

Think it'll just be wear and tear, you'd be amazed at how much the skin will wear away parts that are regularly handled, I may be wrong but I'd think it was this imo.

Is the discoloured one new from funkypower?

Yes, the discoloured one with missing red lettering was new from Funkypower, bought November. The other came with the car and all the red lettering is there. I don't wear a ring or any jewellery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Send it back pronto imo. My Mugen one is quite worn now but none of the numbers have scratched, some discolouration on the top though as I'd expect tbh, it's only aluminium

Of the knob you divvy :lol:

GTFO anyway Patterson or I'll tell sad act not to be your friend and fellow superstar DJ :lol:

Here you go, you can see the numbers missing some parts, the discolouration on the top is less noticeable. It should be titanium but is showing more gold.

Deffo one for the returns bin I think fella, I'm sure Funky power will be cool about it, let us know how you get on :D

Deffo one for the returns bin I think fella, I'm sure Funky power will be cool about it, let us know how you get on :D

Hannan at FP is in the process of starting a warranty claim with Skunk2. :) Must have been from a faulty batch, the red paint seems so flakey. :(

Sent my Knob back last week, there's some lead time on it so it'll be a while for my replacement (in fact a lot of FP stock is taking it's time...)
Hoping the last one was a one off.

Back