• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Refitting Front Fog Light on FN2.

Just had one of my front drivers side fog lights smashed. (57 plate in case they changed design).
Anyone know how difficult it is to change this out? Had a quick look around & there seems to be no easy access to the cluster? anyone got a "how to" on this?

Plus, anyone got a driver side or a set going cheap?

The bumper will need to come off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought drivers side is removable without removing the bumper?

If you look from underneath there is a hole in the bottom of the skirt. If you put a socket (unsure what size) up the hole and remove the bolt you can remove the fog light.
On the passengers side, the hole is there but access to the bolt is blocked by some trim.

I'm sure the details are in the user manual.

I thought drivers side is removable without removing the bumper?

If you look from underneath there is a hole in the bottom of the skirt. If you put a socket (unsure what size) up the hole and remove the bolt you can remove the fog light.
On the passengers side, the hole is there but access to the bolt is blocked by some trim.

I'm sure the details are in the user manual.

I was thinking there's something in the manual...

^ This.

Undo some screws, bolts and clips at either side under the front of the bumper.
Undo some clips from the wheel arch linings that clip to the bumper.
You will need to prise off the wheel arch trim to get to the two screws at the top of both sides of the bumper and it should then come away.

Image1-38.jpg

You'll then be able to get at the fogs.

I smashed my nearside (passenger side) one on track day, and i managed to change it with a bit of struggle by peeling away the wheel arch lining. but i would too advise on front bumper removal...

Back