• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

refusal chris nott

am 47 10 years no claims clean license unemployed single parent so dont drive to and from work so only do 5 to 6 thousand a year the only mod is a piper panel filter and they refused me never been refused before oh well

Are you new to the car? Some insurers don't like to insure people that are new to certain cars. Sky have done something similar in the past.

yes mate new to the car they said it had to do with me being unemployed and it having a piper panel filter they said nothing about me being new to the car have had a good quote from aviva £382 so not all bad many thanks shaun

what has being unemployed have to do with anything

I would guess it's to do with risk. Certain jobs are seen as higher risk for car insurance like people who work in TV. The unemployed are obviously seen as a high risk. Also, as you're not working for 8 hours a day you have more opportunity to use the car and therefore more likelihood of having an accident

but i dont have to go out in rush hour traffic and cant afford to put the fuel in to do lots miles about 5 to 6 thousand a year have never had an accident thanks for the input guys

but i dont have to go out in rush hour traffic and cant afford to put the fuel in to do lots miles about 5 to 6 thousand a year have never had an accident thanks for the input guys
It's just the way certain insurers look at it unfortunately.

Were you planing to pay off the insurance in one lump sum? I can understand why an insurance company would be unwilling for someone who is unemployed to pay in monthly instalments for example.

Back