• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Remap - Newb Question

OK so I have a catback exhaust and intake modifications and my next step is to look at a remap to ensure the A/F is all good and the car is running as best it can.

Can someone please explain what I have to do? I've read the words 'KPRO' and 'K100' but what is this? What map shall I get? How much is it.

Help me. lol

You can swap your current ecu for k100 £500 or kpro £700+ plus remapping. Usually garages will advise you on what maps to run.

K100 have locked in maps and Kpro maps are open to tweeking.

Others will be along to explain in more detail.

Almost rolo...

Right, K100 and Kpro are 'essentially' the same thing with one big difference.

Basically, in both instances, a daughterboard is soldered on to the OEM ECU's motherboard which enables the ECU's map to be modified by a tuner.

In a Kpro, that daughterboard has a USB port on it and the OEM ECU's casing has a slot machined in it so the port is accessible. This way, the map can be edited very easily and also the user can datalog.

K100 doesn't have this option and the map is created on a kpro and then transferred to the K100. No datalogging or map modification is available to the end user.

Maps are created specific to the cars mods. Although there are a few generic maps. I wouldn't advise these long term though.

Depending on what you're intentions are depends on your choice.

If its a case of getting it mapped and leaving it as it is then K100 is the more suitable and cheaper option.

Can you get reflashed ecu, these hondata ?

Unsure how much a remapping costs ? (I will need one in the future)

You can get your oem ecu reflashed, yes.

Around £500.

Mapping is usually around £2-350 depending on tuner. This is on top of the cost of K100/Kpro.

Should take about 4hrs. Are you from Bristol ? Eurospec is closer. That's who did mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eurospec is your best bet if your coming from Bristol mate and there doing the group buy if you want to save £££s! Get in there quick though as the closing date is 14th December!

Not sure as i havnt been there yet. If it's your local tuning place that do exactly what you want why not use them for future tuning?

Back