• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removable exhaust baffle/bung?

I've got Thruxton booked up and the dB limit is a strict 90 dB. I've got an unsilenced b pipe and otherwise a standard system which I'm sure was over 90 on my last track visit. Is there a temporary baffle or bung for the factory silencer at all? I'm after something as a just in case option. I was hoping it would be possible to buy 2 silencer sock sort of things that I could fix on with metal cable ties, but nothing is coming up!

Anyone have any advice on this? Cheers.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

You can get decibel meters for around £10 off eBay. Welcome to use mine if you're in my area.

Or if you can find a trackday on at your nearest circuit, go along and get noise tested (won't cost you anything) to put your mind at ease. That said, I'm sure you'll be over 90db.

I've got a standard B pipe you could borrow if needed

Thanks for the offer mate, I'm down in the south coast though!

I did Abingdon recently, just can't remember the reading he gave me! There was a big queue to get in so they were just doing a quick turn around. Think that was 98db limit.

I've got an app for my phone so I'll try that first, I just don't want to be turned away without a backup plan! I'm hoping there's something available to pack the tailpipes with and then clamp over the end so it can't come out again! But doesn't seem to exist.

To solve this I bought a £40 centre pipe from carparts4less! Fitted this evening, much, much quieter now. Not sure how much slower it will feel as the pipe was tiny!

Now got to decide what option I take for another exhaust, something a little bit noisy but track friendly would be nice!

To solve this I bought a £40 centre pipe from carparts4less! Fitted this evening, much, much quieter now. Not sure how much slower it will feel as the pipe was tiny!

Now got to decide what option I take for another exhaust, something a little bit noisy but track friendly would be nice!

The Klarius one im guessing at that price, Ive had one of those before seemed good quality for the cost.
But yeah real pea shooter pipe.

Get a custom mid pipe made, then you can choose the centre silencer can size

Back