• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing a rear caliper on EP3

Hello All

Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction of a 'how to' to remove the handbrake part of the rear caliper on an EP3? I have changed discs and pads before but I am using a caliper rebuild kit so need to get it off the car.

I have searched the 'how to' section and someone mentions a rear caliper removal guide but I can't find it.

Thanks very much in advance.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
I used some pipe grips or a plumbers wrench to pull the lever back enough to pry the cable off. Refitting was the same process reversed. I had no major troubles but I'd be cautious where to grip the lever without wrecking the cable rubbers.
You'll need a good grip but it works fine.

Thanks biff. I ended up removing the 2 bolts either side of the handbrake cable rubber. It made it just slack enough to get the cable off. As you say, you do need to be careful not to wreck the rubbers.

Back