• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing a stuck a front disc

Hi All

Sorry I wasn't sure if I should ask a question here or if it was just reserved for posts from people who DO know how to do something!!

Anyway, after taking what seems like a month to remove the 2 b*****d screws on the disc I thought I was home and hosed, however, I can’t get the disc off (I have removed the calliper and calliper bracket).

I have tried hitting it with a hammer (with a piece of wood on the disc), and swearing at it but neither of these seem to work.

Does anyone have any tricks or tips on how to get it off?

Thanks in advance

Jim

I have a similar problem with mine but mine is cos some cowboy had been hitting the hub with a hammer to pop the driveshaft back in after a clutch change :( this has left a small lip on the hub stopping the disc from sliding off, I put the car on axle stands and filed the edge of the hub down until the disc was free, bloody annoying but sorted in the end.

good luck

Baz

haven`t heard something like this before, but you could try heating with a blow torch the disc near the hub and with a mallet hit it on the edges. At least that`s what i would do.

If the disc is wasted, cut it in half and then hit it with the hammer. If you want to save it, spray a penetrating lubricant on it over the course of a couple of hours and then hit it. It'll come off, it'll just take time.

Thanks very much for the replies people. I finally managed to get it off after finding a great technique on tinterent. I have pasted the link to the YouTube video but in case it ever gets taken off I thought I would let you know what I did so hopefully it will help someone else..............

Basically you just put a bolt through the calliper bracket (not sure if thats the correct name) and put a nut in between that and the disc, then just put a spanner on the nut and tighten up the bolt with a socket wrench. Eventually it just popped off. It worked an absolute treat and is so simple.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsTJCRljAs

Hope this helps someone else sometime because it was driving me mad!!

Cheers

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Back