• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing Aerial

Stop being nosey and just tell me :lol:

I'm thinking of getting the roof wrapped in black vinyl but need the aerial removing before the lad can do it.

Stop being nosey and just tell me :lol:

I'm thinking of getting the roof wrapped in black vinyl but need the aerial removing before the lad can do it.

If you are wrapping it in Vinyl get your hacksaw out. You won't be worried about getting a seal on it, so just chop it off.

^^^

WHAT!!!!

The idea of the vinyl is so that if I dont like it then it can come off. Plus how the hell would a hacksaw do it anyway?

I'd imagine once you took down the headlining (or part of it at least) all would be revealed! ;)

Yeah thats what I thought but the headlining is all one unit so the full lot if not the rear full half would have to be dropped :(

Just wondered if the plastic bit just twisted and popped out from the top?

Just wondered if the plastic bit just twisted and popped out from the top?
I doubt that very much, imagine the aerial cable being turned around and around again. I'd guess there is a thin nut holding it on from the inside.

Really late reply, in case anyone would want to remove their aerial for some reason.

The aerial sits just above the alarm sensors at the rear or the car. Remove the covers with a flat screw driver then undo the two screws. The alarm sensor cover will drop down and you can remove the sensor. You can then see the aerial, remove the earth and pull the centre cable out, (this is a tight fit.) Then undo the main bolt and the aerial just comes away.

Back