• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing arch liners

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not there would be any negative effects if I were to remove the plastic arch liners in the front arches of my ep3?

Looking into coilover possibilities and it might need to go for space :)

Ta

Thanks for you reply dude, thing is i have 17x8s fited with an et38 offset.

Add that to wanting to go pretty low and flush with the tyres im worried i may get a bit of rubbing from them..

Are the plastic trims missing from the sides of your engine bay dude or did you remove them to clean?

Are the plastic trims missing from the sides of your engine bay dude or did you remove them to clean?

I didn't realise that there were any plastic trims at the side. The engine bay is just as when I bought the car. Do you have a picture of these trims fitted by any chance?

Side trims were brought in on Facelift cars, pre facelift didn't get them.

I don't have any arch liners on my car but don't get much dirt in the engine bay.

Most of the dirt comes in from the front of my car due to my bonnet not having a weather strip fitted.

Ohh didnt realise that. Cheers hov, forgot to ask you as you dont run them.

Just dont want my arches getting ruined because they arnt covered but i doubt its a huge deal

Yeah should be fine.

I forgot to say once you remove the liners its best to underseal the arches as they are bare metal so you wouldn't want salt getting in there.

I just used a big paintbrush and painted all the exposed metal.

Good shout. Ill keep that in mind if it happens thanks buddy. Easy to remove them? Id imagine a few clips like the ones you remove for changing sidelights?

Back