• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing Household Pait Off My Clear Coat.

Hey lads,

About a week ago whilst I was on a cruise with a few other mates through an upcoming housing estate, we realized the day after that our cars had paint up in the wheel guards and along the side skirts. I was just wondering what s the best method of removing it from my milano fn2 without damaging my paint. Also a friend of mine said that if I used an alcohol based cleaner (like tinners) it will have catastrophic effects with the clear coat, so do you guys have an effective method of how to do it and is he correct?
And also ill try to upload a photo or two of it so you can get a better idea of what im talking about :)

-Andy

here are some photos fellas

front guard
20130829_1530551.jpg

Side skirt
20130829_1531121.jpg

side skirt close up (paint is not faded its just the 'credible' quality of the camera on my tablet)
20130829_1531251.jpg

thinners is perfectly fine to use in small amounts, use 1 cloth to put it on and rub with and another clean cloth the wipe the excess off

I had a similar issue after painting the outside of my house. It seems the wind carried little paint flicks to one of my neighbors cars...

Only thing I found that worked was clay bar.

Not sure if it will be the same, but I had loads of wood stain all over mine. Tried a number of things with plenty of elbow grease but to no effect. Tried "Mer" and it came of with ease.

Back