• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing paint spray from your car?

Guys

On behalf of a friend I need some help. They have some paint spray on their car, which they think has come from road line paint :(

They have tried using white spirit to get it off with no joy, whats the best thing to use.

I remember someone has had this problem and did remove some of the paint themselves before getting car professionally cleaned.

Any help would be great, cheers

Thanks Mark. I'll suggest some T-Cut then, but I really wanted to hear from the guy who had he Black CTR covered in specs of white paint.

Not sure if he is on here and can't for the life of me remember his name. :(

Mark43 said:
Not sure if he is on here and can't for the life of me remember his name. :(

Mark/Paul,

Unfortunately it was me that had my car covered in spray paint!

Comparison001.jpg

Sorry I didn't spot this post earlier...

Basically the majority of the paint was removed by the bodyshop using paint thinner VERY carefully.

Any specs I have found since I have used white spirit on the glass & trim and Megs Clay Bar for the bodywork. I know everybody goes on about the clay bar, but it definately does the job.

Hope this helps, I will post a link to my original post too if you want.

Jamo.

Back