• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing rear light clusters on EP3

Washing and waxing the car last night, I noticed there are little bits of green algae around & inside the edges of the rear light clusters, where the plastic of the light meets the bodywork. Not many people would notice it but it's annoying me knowing it's there :(
Do I have to remove the rear bumper to remove the rear clusters? Or can the bolts to remove them be accessed from the boot? Or even simpler is there a way to clean them without removing the whole cluster?

Cheers for reading,

Scott

use a tooth brush :)

22-4a34.gif

bumper stays on.

EDIT: bumper has to come off :(.

mine are the same, been doing my nut in for ages.

gutted the bumper has to come off to clean them but if the rear bumper is as easy to get off as the front i may give it a bash.

Directions please ;)

I haven't done it for over 4 years mate, but it's fairly straightforward. There are two screws in the wheel arch that need to come off, as well as some bolts underneath, I can't remember much more than that apart from that I'm sure it doesn't have to come all the way off to get the lights out.

On top of what Chris said the two or three caps under the bootlid, lift then yup and remove the bolt under. Should be just a matter of a tug like the front bumper and off it comes

its harder to put it back on :lol:

3 bolts in the wheel arches

2 pop rivits either side of the towing eye

2 covered bolts next to each cluster when you open the boot...the plastic cover just pops off

then the bumper slides off the mounts with a little persuasion!

its harder to put it back on :lol:

3 bolts in the wheel arches

2 pop rivits either side of the towing eye

2 covered bolts next to each cluster when you open the boot...the plastic cover just pops off

then the bumper slides off the mounts with a little persuasion!

Hmmm might try this later, on top of cleaning the engine bay. Fingers crosses I've not a lot to do when I go in at 10pm :D

Cheers chaps :D I'll let you know how I get on

Scott.

Back