• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing the driveshaft heatshield

NickCTR

Moron
Is this easy to DIY? Simply a case of removing the wheel then use a socket set to remove the shield?

The rattle is :ghey:

Nick, I hope this is of some help, it's part of the DC5 manual, but would imagine it's the same for a CTR...
Drive_Shaft_Cover.jpg

And here a pic of the annoying fixing causing all that racket! :rolleyes: Had it with mine, drove me crazy... :mad:

(A) Shows what was rattling
(B) shows the fixing point which was causing the problem

rattle.jpg

As for taking it off yourself, I looks as though, it just a few basic bolts, however access will no doubt be your biggest problem...

Adjusting the tappets is part of the servicing mate, it keeps the engine performing at it`s best. Also known as `valve clearances`.

Driveshaft heatshield removal pics

Cheers mate

Strange how the manual says `remove the driveshaft` but looking at the diagram, there is no need, just remove 2 bolts :confused:

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate

Strange how the manual says `remove the driveshaft` but looking at the diagram, there is no need, just remove 2 bolts :confused:

Thanks again

Doubt you need to remove the driveshaft, I think it just reads like that as I've only cropped a small part of the manual...

3 bolts, not 2...

Back