• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing vandalism (spray paint) off van?

Over weekend some idiot has decided to go around the local area spray painting there initials on cars, vans, front doors, garages, walls etc.

Luckily my Civic wasnt here. However my van was, and the scroat decided to write their initials in black spray paint right across the rear of my van, which is white, so it is really obvious.

Any ideas of how I can remove this without damaging the paintwork, or even if its possible?

T-Cut?

Alternatively change it to something else:

2946608489_7b88a5a2d7.jpg

Awesome episode of Partridge...

"Smell my cheese you mother....."

In answer to the question, dont go straight in with a Graffitti acid as Im pretty sure it will destroy the paint work. Try hot soapy water first, and then gradually use more abrasive cleaners. It depends on what kind of Spray paint has been used.

t-cut will probablywork if its been a spray can, wd40 might soften the paint before the t-cut and it wont damage the paint work
if your van has a good laquer on it?

Thanks for your replies lads, I'll try and get it sorted out this weekend.

Was under the impression I'd end up needing a re-spray, until I read your replies :)

I havnt been able to have a go at it yet, I've been stuck with work.

Hopefully this weekend I can get it all sorted out.

Back