• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Renewal time

zeffania

1 Armed Warrior
I know most of you guys know whats on my car but what exactly do you declare.

My wheels are standard but painted.
My bonnet is carbon so that needs to be said
Cat back and Air filter
Stereo is usally covered up to a certain amount and then the rest is cosmetic so I dont usually say anything, eg struts, knobs and pedals sort of thing?????

Technically i'd mention everything as you know insurance companies like nothing more than not paying out.

Howver, I did not tell the insurance company anything about the rad/oil/petrol cap or the strutbrace & earthing kit.

I did tell them about the wheels, camber adjusters & everyother mod - like the bonnet etc.

They won't charge extra for the pretty things under the bonnet ayway. Ask them and they will probably tell you they aren't bothered by them.

After you tried every insurance company listed/recommended on here.

Phone Noel Dazely, they seem to be very competitive with their quotes and like Greenlight they also use Highway Insurance.

Also they are modification friendly. :wink:

Right started with phoning now

Confused.com - all refused :roll:
Tesco £850 I think and that was before I started adding people
Admiral wanted £90 on top of last year - You know what you can do :smt098
Awaiting back from A plan
Will call Noel Dazely later me thinks

I had hoped that it would be in the £600 mark but looks like it wont have dropped much from my £780 of last year :x

Try Greenlight Ben, went with them this year after getting a quote of £597 with mods declared. :D

Chief said:
Try Greenlight Ben, went with them this year after getting a quote of £597 with mods declared. :D

They came back with £757 so its looking likely it will be them. Wonder if when I turn 25 it will make any difference?

A Plan are most cerainly going to get my business with the quote they have just given me. Noel Dazely were going to call back but nothing as yet. Thanks Ann T you star :smt023

Need to start calling around as just had my renewal through.

£706 isn't too bad (£150 drop from last year) bt going by some of these prices I can get it lower again 8)

i think i will be playing the renewal game in the next couple of weeks.

just waiting for the renewal price from Greenlight and see what the others can do 8)

havent got my renewal yet, but as i'm moving house soon, i thought i give Neil at Greenlight a call.

Didnt speak to him directly but they gave me a renewal of £567.75 at my present or new address.

I think i will just give A-Plan and maybe Noel a call and see what the differences is, but i've been more than happy with the service from Neil and Greenlight for the last 2 years so think i'll just stick.

Last year, Adrian Flux was £50 cheaper but the excess was slightly higher and stuck with them.

Not got a lot of dosh left after this house purchase so we'll see.........

Back