• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Renewal time.

I just recieved my renewal quote from M&S money, and its up by about 120 percent! I have rung them and they told me that most insurance companys are charging about 49 percent more now than this time last year, WTF is all I can say!
Has anyone else heard about this?

Insurance is going up for quite a few people, 120% is a little extreme however, even 49% is a bit much. I would be having a shop around if i was you!

Its gone from £560 to £1350! I was hoping the quote would be reasonable, but it would appear a day on the phone lies ahead of me!

There have been a couple of mods. But I declared them mid term, with no increase in premium. It makes no sense to me at all, and why would they claim that insurance costs are going up so much anyway? Is everyone in the country 50 percent more likely to crash this year? I have always hated insurance firms but I can see myself becoming quite pee'd off with this years hunt!

I guess they are becoming more common, I just expect insurance to come down as my age (29) and no claims (6 years) go up! Especially as I still have never had any points! Oh well, bite the bullet time I suppose.....

yes im the same every insurer is saying the same to me, i was paying £800
now im paying £920 with chris knox
shocking,im back paying the same as i did three years ago.

Feel free to call my company for a comparison, tel: 0208 3645500, please make it clear you are a type-r-owners.co.uk member.

Alternatively you are welcome to PM your contact details to us for a call back.

Thanks

I had a similar situation when I renewed bell put my insurance up over £100 which annoyed me straight off! Rang up saying I wasn't going to renew as it was ridiculous and they ended up dropping the renewal price by £150!

Back